Did you know, sugarless gum can improve your oral health? Well, it’s true! Sugarless gum has many positive things to offer, which is why our team here at Bright Smiles Dental in Casselberry, Florida, is happy to tell you the five benefits of sugarless gum.
Keeping your teeth clean is significant, which is why sugarless gum can be effective. Check out these simple benefits here:
– Studies have shown that chewing sugarless gum for about 20 minutes after a meal can fight off cavities because of the saliva production.
– Sugarless gum can also prevent heartburn. This is helpful because the acids in your esophagus can harm your teeth and weaken your enamel.
– Sugarless gum helps after meals, but it is not a substitute for brushing and flossing each day.
– Sugarless gum raises your saliva flow. Saliva washes away food particles, neutralizes acids produced by bacteria, and provides disease-fighting substances throughout the mouth.
– Sugarless gum should never be used if you feel any tooth sensitivity or jaw pain.
-Remember to choose sugarless gum that has been stamped with the American Dental Association (ADA) Seal of Acceptance.
If you have questions about your oral health or would like to come in for a dental check-up, please call us today at 407-628-1066 to set up an appointment with our dentist, Timothy B. Chatterley. Our friendly team stands ready to take your call and help you any way we can.